We are committed to giving you the best service we can. This is possible if we work together. Please help us to help you.
What We Will Do For You
- treat you with courtesy and respect at all times. We will respect your cultural, religious and moral beliefs
- we will discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide.
- give you full information on the services we offer
- give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff
- provide you with emergency care when you need it
- refer you to a consultant acceptable to you when your doctor thinks it is necessary or refer you for a second opinion when you and your doctor agree it is needed
- give you access to your medical records, written after 1st November 1991. This is at the discretion of the doctor. It may be possible to withhold certain information as it might be harmful to the patient. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, the practice is at liberty to charge a reasonable fee
- keep the contents of your health records confidential. All patients, regardless of age, have the right to confidentiality.
- deal with complaints promptly and objectively. Our aim would be to produce a positive outcome for all concerned.
What We Expect From You
- please be courteous and polite when dealing with members of the practice team
- keep your appointments and let us know as early as possible if you cannot attend
- ask if you are unsure about the treatment we are offering you
- use the emergency service only in a genuine emergency
- ask for a home visit only when the patient is unable to attend the surgery through illness or infirmity
- let us know when you change name, address or telephone number
Our vision is empowerment of our patients into self management of common ailments. We aim to improve public awareness of breast, colorectal and prostate cancer so that specific treatment has a better chance. We aim to improve patient understanding and compliance of medication with chronic disease management.