General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
From 25th May 2018 a new data privacy law will be introduced in the UK. As a result, we've produced some new privacy notices which detail how the NHS uses and protects your information.
- The practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record/ECS.
- We may/do share some of your data with local out of hours/urgent or emergency services. Privacy notices are available at the surgery.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as flu, cervical cytology and diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable patients.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research.
Church View Surgery & The Jones Family Practice complies with NHS Retention Periods.
If you are unhappy with the data we retain or who we share it with, please contact the surgery. If you are still dissatisfied then you can contact the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or call their helpline Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745 (national rate).